Are you on the fence between buying an existing home or building a custom one? If you’re searching the real estate market for the perfect home that meets your family’s needs, chances are you won’t find a home that checks all of the boxes on your wish list.
Check out some of the 5 best benefits of the custom home building below:
1. You can choose the location
The first concern for most buyers is the location of the home. With custom-built homes
, you have the option of choosing the plot of land and the orientation of the house. A quality custom home builder can make recommendations about:
- Making the most out of airflow patterns
- The size of green space surrounding the house
- Sunlight and shade
- Trees and foliage
- Views and grading options
Building a fully customized home allows you to work with experienced designers and builders to take advantage of the land you choose to build on.
2. You can create a home that fits your lifestyle
When it comes to searching for a home that fits your family’s needs, there are specific requirements that make it tough to find one on the market that has everything you’re looking for. Custom home building allows you to choose things like:
- A design that’s open and welcoming for entertaining guests
- An extra-large office for your home business
- A room for crafts and hobbies
- A mudroom with storage to place sports equipment
- A kitchen with two ovens for the avid baker
- Different structural framing and aesthetic options for the home
These particular needs are difficult to find with pre-built and cookie-cutter homes. The biggest advantage of custom-built homes is the ability to be completely satisfied with every inch of your space.
3. You can make your own budget
One of the biggest misconceptions about custom home building is that it is significantly more costly than buying a pre-existing home, but that is simply not true. You can set a budget for your custom home and an experienced contractor can help you stay within that budget.
Additionally, some homeowners who opt to buy a pre-existing home often come across unexpected renovations and costly repairs. When you build a new home, you won’t come across this issue.
4. You choose the materials and quality of the products
When you build your own home, you get to choose materials from the very beginning. You can choose to paint colours, flooring, countertops, backsplashes, light fixtures, sinks, and so much more.
The right custom home building partner will work with the ideas you have while enhancing your vision. Designing and building your home from scratch gives you a sense of pride and allows you to come home to a space that you truly love.
5. You can make your home “green”
Making an existing home eco-friendly can be difficult and expensive, but with a custom-built home, you have the option to make your home as “green” as possible right in the planning stage. An eco-friendly home reduces your energy bills and positively contributes to the environment.